Français

Search:

 Home  •  Contact us  •  FAQ  •  Promotions  •  News  •  Partners 
 
 

FAQ - Carbon monoxide intoxication

 
 

 

When combusted correctly, propane gas eliminates only carbon dioxide, water vapour and a low quantity of carbon monoxide, exactly like a breathing plant, which makes it a green source of energy. However, if your device requires maintenance or if there is insufficient ventilation around your device, propane gas combustion can produce more carbon monoxide, which is very dangerous in large quantities since it is colourless and odourless, which is why we strongly recommend obtaining a carbon monoxide detector if you are using a propane device. The symptoms of carbon monoxide intoxication are:
Headaches, tightening sensation at the forehead and temples
 
  • Fatigue, weakness
  • Dizziness and vomiting
  • Loss of muscle control
  • Reddening around the eyes
  • Loss of consciousness and death

If carbon monoxide poisoning is detected, it is important to leave your home and close the valve on the tank by turning it clockwise. Filling it with fresh air is essential and if symptoms are severe, call 911 or your local emergency number. Then, call your propane supplier in order to have your device inspected. Do not open the tank your devices until the technician is on site. It is important to properly ventilate your home.

 
 
Home | Site Map | Security and Confidentiality | Terms and conditions | Legal Notice
© 2009 - 2014 Gaz Propane Rainville inc. - All rights reserved.